Welcome to the Australian Technology Park
There's plenty of available on-site parking, including allocated spaces for people with disabilities. These spaces are located on Locomotive Street, directly in front of Bays 8, 4 and 16 of the Locomotive Workshops and outside the Biomedical Building on Central Avenue.
Australian Technology Park is located close to the CBD with excellent public transport connections. ATPSL encourages all tenants and visitors to ATP to travel by public transport.
However, for those needing to park, the parking fees are as follows:
First half hour $6.00
½-1 hour $12.00
1-3 hours $20.00
3+ hours $30.00 (Max daily rate)
Lost Tickets $30.00 Please note Pay Stations accept $20, $10, $5 notes and $2, $1, 50c, 20c, 10c coins and payment by credit card.
Pay Stations are located at:
Disabled Parking Area
To gain access to the disabled parking area, please contact the security office on 9209 4666 or advise security at the boom gate when you first enter the Park.
Monthly parking rates for tenants
- Onsite outdoor parking is $165 + gst per month
- Secure underground parking is $280 + gst per month
The Australian Technology Park (ATP) is a key part of the Redfern-Waterloo area and is a major part of the urban renewal process occurring in this important part of Sydney. The Park is currently home to over 2,000 workers.
In order to minimise the impacts on the local community, Australian Technology Park Sydney Limited (ATPSL) has undertaken a parking study to address key parking concerns. This study has been conducted by Transport & Urban Planning to identify: the type of parking available in the surrounding streets; community concerns in regard to parking conditions; and potential solutions that can be implemented by the City of Sydney Council.
ATPSL has been working closely with the community on these issues and values your feedback. Following on from a community meeting in December 2009 and in August 2010, the parking study has been completed and is now available. A concern raised by tenants and the community was the cost of parking on the ATP site. Significantly discounted monthly packages are available to tenants. Casual parking fees for visitor parking are charged in line with relevant commercial practice, to manage parking demand and to encourage public transport use.
In addition to conducting the parking study, ATPSL:
1. Has written to each organisation of the ATP seeking their assistance by asking their staff to be considerate of the local community should they drive to work at ATP.
2. Is working with tenants and other key stakeholders to encourage the use of bicycles and public transport when travelling to and from ATP.
3. Is continuing the significantly discounted monthly care parking rate for tenants and their employees of the ATP site.
4. Is encouraging conference and events users to use public transport or coach transport to and from ATP venues.
5. Is ensuring the safety and security of pedestrians and users of the ATP site through its 24 hour, seven day security service which includes CCTV camera and site security patrols.
6. Is making a significant investment in improving the signage and way finding in the ATP site to assist the journeys people are making through and to the site.
7. Is working closely with major transport providers including State Rail and the Bus and Taxi Council.
8. Is investing in street lighting upgrades and landscaping improvements to make the journey through and to ATP more pleasant.
ATPSL is a not for profit company established in 1993. Any profits being made by the company’s operations are reinvested in the Park. This reinvestment is vital to the ongoing sustainability of the Park, including to support the development of technology and the
important heritage of the site.
Read the Parking Study here.
ATPSL encourages all tenants and visitors to catch public transport when traveling to and from ATP.
Join and subscribe
Subscribe to the ATP newsletter and receive latest news, events and industry information straight to your inbox! We also run regular competitions.